Faxon Firearms is proud to partner with Q on the development of barrels for their revolutionary new round, 8.6 Blackout (8.6 BLK).
With barrels employing an impressive 1:3 twist rate, 8.6 BLK channels rotational energy to increase energy on-target.
Learn more about the round by Clicking Here.
As with all Faxon Barrels, these 8.6 BLK barrels are machined from raw bar stock in our greater Cincinnati Facility. Faxon 8.6 BLK barrels are fully stress-relieved, air-gauge tested, Magnetic Particle Inspected, and 11-degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy. Constructed of 4150 CMV, each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished in Nitride and final inspected.
All Faxon Barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges and are backed by the Faxon Lifetime Guarantee.
At the time of release, 8.6 BLK is not SAAMI certified. Please use appropriate caution while firing and when using reloaded ammunition.
Learn more and find load data provided by Q by Clicking Here.
- Barrel Material: 4150 CMV
- Rifling: Button
- Barrel Caliber: 8.6 BLK
- Barrel Twist: 1:3
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Profile: Big Gunner
- Barrel Gas System: Carbine
- Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: M18x1.5, tapered shoulder (adapter included)
- Gas Block Diameter: .875"
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.9"
- Barrel Extension: Standard DPMS Gen 1 .308 Extension, Black Oxide
- Weight: 2.0 lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
11° Target Crown