For New Years I was fortunate to have my little sister come to town for a few days, so of course we had to go to the range to test out the FNX 45 I picked up recently and the 9mm AR I built.
Between the flatrate box of ammo, a set of kitchen knives, and a few power tools, TSA decided they wanted a closer look inside my bag when I flew home after the holidays.
Trying new things usually sparks innovation. I'm working on re-building some of my personal guns and building a 9mm AR because I'm interested in the platform and to see how it functions or could use improvement. After I put some rounds through it, I might ultimately decide that it will become a test pig for some new product ideas.
Here's a new bolt that's fresh off the machine. You can see it's sporting one of our billet QPQ extractors and a new design ejector.
We like to periodically function check out bolts, check the headspace, and look for ways to improve out machining methodology on a monthly basis to make sure we're producing the best product out there.
On a monthly basis our programmer takes a look at the G-coding for making our parts and tries to make the program more efficient, whether it be reducing cycle time, trying new tooling combinations, or finding was to mitigate deburring by hand.
Here's a DPMS pattern AR10 bolt that just came off the machine.
d.wilson mfg works on interesting projects from time to time, so this is the place we'll share some of them.